“Art is my way to preserve memory ,express my feelings, and convey powerful messages to my audience”
Born: Yogyakarta, 5 September 1978
Education: Fine Art Senior High School, Yogyakarta
Style: Surrealism, Expressionism
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas, Mixed Media on Canvas
About the Artist:
Godek Mintorogo is an Indonesian artist, raised in a small village in Yogyakarta. Godek started to doodle early in life. For Godek, art is a way to enunciate any issue, expression or moment. He also views the process of creating artworks, and art itself, as a way to interact with his audience. Godek paints fables, through his use of animal symbolism to depict human hypocrisy. His artworks, much like fables have deep meanings and a lesson behind it.
Godek’s “Remember” series depicts public figures such as Frida Kahlo, Van Gogh, Salvador Dali, as well as legendary Indonesian artists. The series commemorates the values, wisdom and the life lessons Godek has received from the artists who inspire him.
Fun Fact: Godek also does digital art which are applied to screen printing and advertising.
• “Man Jadda Wa Jada,” Tembi Rumah Budaya, Yogyakarta
• “Remember,” Rumah Seni Sidoarum, Yogyakarta
• “Kepak-kepak Sayap,” Taman Budaya, Yogyakarta
• “Colourful Indonesia,” Hadiprana Galeri, Jakarta
• “Bagesy Art Carnival,” Hyatt Hotel, Jakarta
• “Move Art #2,” Tahun Mas Art Room, Yogyakarta
• “Borobudur Today,” Limanjawi Art House, Magelang
• “Revolusi Mental,” Galeri 678, Jakarta
• “Sang Dalang,” Galeri Hadiprana, Jakarta
• “Dari Jogja untuk Indonesia,” Hotel Purosani, Yogyakarta
• “Kolaborasi Cina Jawa,” DKS Gallery, Surabaya
• “Universal Art Language,” Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
• “Vancouver 2010 ATC,” Rubydog’s house, Vancouver, Canada