“Art is the religion of life. It has no regular shape and is unlimited;it is the trigger to calm the mind.” For Meuz, painting is the cure for the soul.
Born: Sleman, 6 August 1986
Studies:Art Senior High School of Yogyakarta
Works: Meuz draws contemporary paintings, he specializes in figures.
• 2017, “20 artist exhibition”, Miracle Prints, Yogyakarta
• 2016,“25thPrambananWorld heritage”, Museum Prambanan, Yogyakarta
• 2013, “SUKA PARI SUKA”, Affandi Museum, Yogyakarta
• 2006, “ART FOR JOGJA”, Taman Budaya, Yogyakarta
• Best Sketching,RawaKalibayem in Art Senior High School (SMSR), Yogyakarta
About the Artist:
Meuzgraduated from the High School of Art and has been painting since 2000. He mos.tly paints figures such as those of the many poses of Shiva. He also loves to draw landscapes. Sometimes he depicts social concerns and other phenomenon such as social class distinction and political issues.
Meuz was inspired by painters such as Gustav Klim, Monet and Suradi PW, an Indonesian artist of the 1940s.He was also inspired by many of his friends (Yogyakarta painters) such as Pupuk D.P, Nasirun, Samuel Indratma and Shindunata.
Need to Know:
• Meuz is the leader of an Art Group named KRIDARO in Yogyakarta.
• He is the Project manager of RumahSeniSidoarum, an art space in Yogyakarta.