“I hope my paintings find that simple emotional connect with the audiences”
Born: May 31, 1975
Education: Diploma in Fine Art, Rabindra Bharati University
M.Sc. in Economics, Calcutta University
Style: Contemporary, Experimental
Medium: Oil on canvas, Mixed Media
About the Artist:
Runa Biswas is an Indian contemporary artist who has gone through many phases in her artistic journey over the years; experimenting with complex techniques, colour and design compositions, and visual languages across various genres in her paintings. Ultimately, she realised that deep inside she only sought simple stories, modest truths and unpretentious joys. She poured out her seeking into her art. She found herself a visual language at the intersection of commentaries and narratives; and subjects that she can easily relate to, yet find deeper meaning in order to find an emotional connection with her audience.
• Art Houz Gallery, Bangalore.
• Aquerello Watercolour Exhibition, Fabriano.
• International Aquarelle Festival, Budapest.
• First International Watercolor Biennale, Hong Kong.
• Group show by Gallery Third Eye at Taj Hotel, Bangalore.
• Group show by Chaya Art Gallery at Rangoli Metro Art Centre, Bangalore.
• Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, Bangalore.
• India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
• Group show curated by Art Mantram at Hyatt Bangalore.
• Group show curated by Jasmine Khanna at Gallery Third Eye, Bangalore.
• Swasti Contemporary Art Gallery, Bangalore.
• Sublime Galleria, UB City, Bangalore.
• Two women show at Hobitute Art Gallery and Foundation, Bangalore.
• Alliance De Françoise, Bangalore.
• Exhibition curated by Nahid Osman at Art Club Bangladesh, Dhaka.
• Renaissance Art Gallery in Bangalore, India.
• Prafulla Dahanukar Bangalore City Artist Award
• Honourable Mention, IWS Hungary Award