“Art is beauty, the way to express my soul, a way to boost the emotion of the audience”
Born: Sleman, 22 Januari 1981
Studies: AKSERI (Akademi Seni Rupa), Yogyakarta
Suryo specifies his artworks on daily life and nature phenomenon theme. His characteristics are bold color with typical color. For Suryo, his artworks are also part of his daily life and to paint is a pleasure for him.
• 2018 “Instinct”, Bentara Budaya Yogyakarta
• 2018 “Psikologi Ngabstrak”, Hotel Green House, Yogyakarta
• 2016 “Nggege Mongso”, Banyubening Borobudur, Magelang
• 2015 “Group Exhibition Kolam Susu”, Taman Budaya Yogyakarta
• 2015 “Bahtera Anak Pertiwi”, Galeri Uma Art Space, Serpong, Tangerang Jakarta
• 2014 “Underground Ari Movement”, Malioboro, Yogyakarta
• 2014 “Mas Rejo”, Galeri 678, Jakarta
• 2014 “Mas Rejo”, Museum Affandi, Yogyakarta
• 2014 “Eco Culture”, Adipura Citra Raya, Jakarta
About the Artist:
Suryo started to do doodling since he was in the elementary school. He then grew in the environment of artists that inspired him much. In the beginning, Suryo started to learn the technique of realism, then he found that abstract style suits him then he decided to paint abstract since 2008. However, Suryo keep exploring new techniques in abstract style as for him art is dynamic and will keep growing hand in hand with the times.