“For me art is an attempt to bypass the physical world and discover the boundless energy in the universe . It is a journey into my true authentic self and finding the rhythm of life.”
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
“listening to the quite voice within me ..
exploring infinite dimensions within myself..
standing on the thresh hold of new experience...
I have been painting
the Canvas of my life ..
drop by drop ..word by word..
to unwrap my own destiny..
Passion flows through me
Like a stream of colour
In the flames of passion
I create breathtakingly
From the deep sea of mystery,
Memories and fantasies
Between echoes of silence
and hope .. I am intoxicated
and addicted to the power creativity ..
my inner fire is what keeps me going “
About Shan Re
Shan Re is one of the most versatile artists from India. Shan lives and works in Bangalore. The intensity and frequency of her creative output is enormous. Intuitively moving between mediums, Shan has continuously evolved, experimenting and exploring a wide array of subjects and genres. Shan’s art involves various disciplines from drawing, painting, poetry and sculpture to installations. Her paintings are a spontaneous flow of powerful feelings and emotions. Nature is a metaphor in her paintings, and she works in many layers towards a balanced harmony. As a true artist she sees life as an abundant opportunity to explore infinite dimensions within herself. We all have several energies within us that shape our personal rhythm to achieve higher consciousness. Color, she says, is her vital force through which she communicate with her viewers. She creates her own personal colours of bliss with a strong statement of positivity, hope and spirituality . Even though her language is abstract she hopes that that the viewer will simply fall in love with her visual expression and the healing power of her colour palette. She is a dynamic and prolific artist who is actively involved with many fundraising art shows and auctions. Her works are found in prominent public and private collections.
Selected Group Shows:
2020 “If Walls Could Speak”, ION Art Gallery, Singapore
• An Autism Art Fund Raising Gala, UB City, Bangalore
• EUNOIA An Art Collective , At Taj West End
• Women's Cultural Festival at BIC Bangalore
• Drawing Show, Los Angeles, By Gallery
• Drawing Show, New York Art Expo
2019 Exhumed Memories, Art Houze Gallery, Bangalore
• Collaboration with Aranyani for New York Fashion Week, New York
• Kala for Vidya , Rotary Club Annual Show, Taj West End, Bangalore
• Heart to Art, Under the Raintree Media, Project EVE, Bangalore
• Triptych, Group Show, Goa.
• Women’s Art Festival, RavindraKalashetra, Bangalore
• Kala for Vidya, Rotary Club Annual Show, Taj West End, Bangalore
• Arts Village, Two Women show on the occasion of International women's day.
• Small and Beautiful, Art Houz, Bangalore
• Heterogenous curated by Art Chutney, Taj West End, Bangalore
• India Art and Gems Fair, Leela Palace Hotel, Bangalore
• Kala for Vidya, Charity art show by Rotary club, Taj West End Hotel, Bangalore
• Whitefield Art Collective, VR Bengaluru
• Anahata 1 – Art Mantram show at Navrathan, Bangalore
• Anahata 2 – Art Mantram show at Navrathan, Bangalore
• Portals of Perception, Taj West End Hotel, Bangalore
• Reflections, Annual group show by Maadhyam at Amethyst, Chennai
• LshVa inaugural art show, LshVa studio, Bangalore
• Annual art show, Vinyasa Premier Art Gallery, Chennai
• Kala for Vidya, charity art show by Rotary club, TajWest End Hotel, Bangalore
• Eclectic Exploration, Kalarasa Art House, Bangalore
• Women Artists’ Show, Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
• Award winners’ show (won best landscape award), ICAC foundation, Mumbai
• Open Studio Sale, Studio Revola, Bangalore
2012 Art show in support of Times Foundation, Galeriede’arts, Bangalore
• Art Bengaluru, UB City, Bangalore
• Third Eye Art Gallery showcase at Caperberry, Bangalore
• Mont Blanc Art Showcase, ITC Royal Gardenia, Bangalore
• “Friends of Renaissance Gallerie”, Windsor Manor, Bangalore
• Art Bengaluru, Galerie de’Arts, Bangalore
• Phantasmagoria, Midsummer Melange, LeelaPalace Hotel, Bangalore
• Renaissance Gallerie’s Annual Charity Show, Leela Palace Hotel, Bangalore
• Gallery Exotica’s Inaugural Show in support of Charity, Bangalore
• Group show organized by C. Krishnaiah Chetty, Hotel Ashok, Bangalore
2008 Concern India Art Show, Bangalore
2007 Auction for Mallige Smile Foundation, Leela Palace, Bangalore
Selected Solo Shows:
2017 Window to Himalayas- Arts Village.
2016 Echoes & Whispers, Art Houz Gallery, Bangalore
• The Might of a Line; exhibition of free association drawings, Galerie de’Arts, Bangalore
• SHE – International Women’s day special – contemporary women’s voices, Galerie de’Arts,
• Solo show at Ritz Carlton, Bangalore
• Solo show at Cocoon Gallery, Bangalore
• “Unfolding of Self”, 10 year retrospective, Galeriede’Arts, Bangalore
• “Eternal Spring”, Arco Iris, Goa
• Live Painting at Peroni Art Initiative, Olive Beach, Bangalore
• “The Eternal Spring”, Private show at AgarwalResidence, New Delhi
• Inaugural show of Galerie de’Arts, Bangalore
• Private Show at Franck Barthelemy’s residence, Bangalore
• “The Eternal Spring”, Global Tree Café – curated by “Art Buddy”, Bangalore
• “Iconography”, Time & Space Gallery, Bangalore
• “Sepia Moments”, Olive Art Initiative, Bangalore
2007 "Echoes & Whispers" (Drawings & Paintings), Alliance Francaise de Bangalore